[OpenSIPS-Users] Double record route with TLS

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Mon Oct 28 06:14:47 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Using 3.0.1

I'm dealing with a call scenario where a UA is dialling out using TLS and
travelling between two geographic sites, both of which use NAT. TLS is only
required between the UA and the initial registrar, once the initial
requests hit the network it is forwarded using cleartext UDP. Instances
listen on the internal address only

The problem I am facing is that double_rr is not using my defined
advertised address of the public IP, instead it replaces one of the
addresses and not the other causing a routing breakdown later in the
dialog. I'm using set_advertised_address(SITEA-PUB-IP)

To illustrate, the following headers are presented at site B:

INVITE sip:01234567890 at 192.168.153.226 SIP/2.0
Record-Route:
<sip:SITEA-PUB-IP;r2=on;lr;ftag=1779783491;hyth=3a6.e9f72846;nat=yes>
Record-Route:
<sip:SITEA-PRI-IP:5061;transport=tls;r2=on;lr;ftag=1779783491;hyth=3a6.e9f72846;nat=yes>

For correct routing I need both of those to present the public address. In
a typical NAT traversal scenario I have reply routes which re-write the
public and private addresses accordingly and I can certainly intercept
these INVITE messages and do that however I wondered if there was a cleaner
way. Am I missing a trick?

I have attempted to make changes using a site A branch route to rewrite the
RR however the header is not yet formed. I also attempted to use
record_route_preset() however this did not have the desired effect.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Callum

--

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>

X-on
is a trading name of Storacall
Technology Ltd a limited company registered in
England and Wales.

Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead,
Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.

The
information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s)

only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify X-on immediately
on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the
message from your computer. If you are
not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, disseminate, distribute,
copy, print or reply to this email. Views
or opinions expressed by an
individual
within this email may not necessarily
reflect the views of X-on
or its associated companies. Although X-on routinely
screens for viruses,
addressees should scan this email and any attachments
for
viruses. X-on
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses
in this
email or any attachments.