[OpenSIPS-Users] [RELEASE] OpenSIPS 2.4.6 Minor Version

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu Oct 24 04:50:09 EDT 2019

Hi, Jeff!

Unfortunately you can't update without a complete reinstall, but most
likely there's no need of any migration.
If you still have the old src directory, all you have to do is to copy
the Makefile.conf file in the new root directory of the decompressed
opensips-2.4.6.tar.gz.
After that, running `make install` should compile the same modules in
the same paths as the previous install. NOTE that this will overwrite
the previous install, but you can always rollback by running `make
install` on the old decompress dir.
If you don't have the old sources, you'll have to reconfigure opensips
build all over again.
Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 10/23/19 1:04 AM, Jeff Wilkie wrote:

> We've been sitting on 2.4.0 in the lab for a while and would like to
> update to 2.4.6 or latest LTS.  Originally installed with a tar file,
> can we update without having to completely reinstall or migrate?  Can
> you link the procedure if so?
>
> Thank you
>
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Răzvan Crainea <razvan at opensips.org
> <mailto:razvan at opensips.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, everyone!
>
>     We are thrilled to announce you that we've just released a new minor
>     version of the OpenSIPS 2.4 branch. The new OpenSIPS 2.4.6[1] contains
>     all the bug fixes we've resolved during the last months, ensuring you
>     your deployment more stable now!
>     This minor release does not need any migration, so feel free to update
>     to the latest version anytime! For a full list of changes, consult the
>     ChangeLog[2].
>
>     [1] https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.4.6/opensips-2.4.6.tar.gz
>     [2] https://opensips.org/pub/opensips/2.4.6/ChangeLog
>
>     Cheers,