[OpenSIPS-Users] (no subject)

Alexey Kazantsev kurgan-rus at inbox.ru
Mon Oct 21 04:01:10 EDT 2019

Hi list

I’m trying to find the best solution for setting
federated user location cluster.

Key notes:
- geographically distributed OpenSIPS nodes
- the same numbering plan for all devices (no strict
ranges for Europe/Asia and so on)
- ability to be in service (at least inside of each node)
in case of short periodic connectivity problems.

I configured (in VirtualBox test environment) 2 nodes with
one MongoDB instance, using this tutorial:
https://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Distributed-User-Location-Federation

It works fine.

But I’d like to add some extra high-availability for situations if
there will be some problems with connectivity between nodes.
At least to achieve the ability of each node to serve calls among
those users who are registered directly on it.

What is the best architecture? Maybe something else, not MongoDB?

                    user1                                 user4
                 |  osips1   |                           |  osips2   |
                       |                                     user6
                     user3