[OpenSIPS-Users] Rate Limit Module Implementation

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Thu Nov 14 15:44:00 EST 2019

Hello,

We are looking to implement some rate limiting using the module, but I have a few questions and wanted to see if anyone has run into the same issues or has working experience with the module to answer them.

The module provides $rl_count and also a counter value in the output of the rl_list command, but both of these values only reflect the number of rl_check calls that were made in the time window. In the case of TAILDROP, RED, and SBT algorithms, the count is directly related to the limit and drop_rate. But for the NETWORK and FEEDBACK algorithms, the counter is essentially meaningless.

What we are looking for is a way to track the values these modules are using to make drop decisions, so that we can set our limit value appropriately. But unless I am missing something, there is no way to access these values for either NETWORK or FEEDBACK. Is that correct?

Ben Newlin