[OpenSIPS-Users] force send socket for load balancer ping

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Wed Nov 6 04:26:58 EST 2019

Hi, Peter!

Unfortunately this feature is not available for now for the
load_balancer module. There's actually a feature request already for
doing this :)[1].
For now, what you can do is to "catch" that OPTIONS message in the
`local_route` and force the send socket over there.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/issues/1079

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 11/5/19 12:34 PM, Peter Pulham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking into migrating from dispatcher to load balancer module.
>
> Currently I use the socket column in the dispatcher table to specify the
> socket to use for a particular destination.
>
> However, I dont see a similar option in load balancer module.
>
> While I could attempt to use force_send_socket in the route, I dont see
> a way to force OPTIONs ping out of a specific socket for load balancer
> module.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on how to deal with this?
>
> Many thanks

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer