[OpenSIPS-Users] Example of configuration "Full Sharing" Topology with NoSQL

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Nov 4 08:56:13 EST 2019

Hi Giovanni!

You are absolutely right, nowadays there are very little differences
between flagging a node with either
"seed" or "NULL", thanks to seed_fallback_interval [1], which makes both
of them perform a sync anyway
on startup.  The only difference is that a non-seed node will perform a
sync _for sure_, no matter how
long it waits for other nodes.  This can be a useful feature if your
network is particularly poor, with
links between nodes which fail often.  In this case, using "NULL" is
actually better, as it protects you
when restarting your isolated backup nodes -- eventually, they will
fetch the data!

TL;DR: unless you have very poor network links between your nodes, you
can flag your nodes with either
"1 x seed, (N-1) x NULL" or "N x seed".  As long as you set a
seed_fallback_interval, both will be good.

Cheers,

[1]:
https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/clusterer.html#param_seed_fallback_interval

Liviu Chircu