[OpenSIPS-Users] Calculate the nearest destination based on GeoIP

Slava Bendersky volga629 at networklab.ca
Wed Mar 20 08:26:57 EDT 2019

might be anycast will do better job

volga629
----- Original Message -----

From: "Dmitry" <netaskd at gmail.com>
To: users at lists.opensips.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:59:30 AM
Subject: [OpenSIPS-Users] Calculate the nearest destination based on GeoIP

Hi there,
Maybe you know the best way to calculate the nearest routing point based on geoip data?
an example:
I have 3 rtpengine relays on a different country, and I can set its geo-coordinate in DB and set id for each of them via rtpengine_use_set() function in the routing script.
Also, I have goip lookup via mmg_lookup() function that can give me a coordinate a caller by IP address.
A caller comes from the country that _doesn't have_ rtpengine relay and I need to calculate the nearest rtpengine id for set it as prefer based on its IP address
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks