[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS 3.0 interim update

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Mar 18 12:58:14 EDT 2019

Hello all,

We are getting closer and closer to the 3.0 beta release, so here are
some updates in regards to what was already done (according to the
initial planning), what we are working on and what is the foreseen
release date.

Starting from the list we had under scrutiny  (see
https://www.opensips.org/Development/Opensips-3-0-Planning, the listing
at the end).

What was completed
------------------

* OPS-1 - Auto-Scale the Number of Workers -
https://blog.opensips.org/2019/02/25/auto-process-scaling-a-cure-for-load-and-resources-concerns/

* ITG-1 - Management Interface Rework & OpenSIPS CLI -
https://blog.opensips.org/2019/03/13/new-opensips-cli-tool-for-the-new-management-interface-in-opensips-3-0/

* DEV-1 - Pluggable Preprocessor -
https://blog.opensips.org/2019/03/05/generic-preprocessor-support-in-opensips-3-0/

* OPS-4 - Separate xlog() Logging Level ( new xlog_level parameter,
variable and MI function)

* OPS-6 - Selectable Memory Allocator -branch
"feature/selectable-allocator", to be posted this week

* OPS-7 - Unified Sharing Tags -
https://blog.opensips.org/2019/03/07/achieving-service-redundancy-in-two-steps-with-unified-clustering-in-opensips-3-0/

* ITG-2 - SMPP Integration -
https://blog.opensips.org/2019/01/24/gateway-between-sip-and-smpp-messages/

Work in progress
----------------

* OPS-3 - Script Reloading  - "script_reload" branch

* OPS-9 - Self-Diagnosis Tool

* DEV-3 - Full Variable Support for Functions - "func_params" branch

* OPS-8 - Tracing/Traffic Filtering Console

* OPS-10 - Persistent Shared Memory on Restart - designed and planned,
to be implemented

Still pending
-------------

* OPS-2 - Edit Module Params at Runtime

* DEV-5 - Route entry point per Listener

* DEV-6 - Standard Format for Complex Modparams

* ITG-3 - RabbitMQ Consumer Module

* DEV-4 - Better Naming for Variables

* DEV-2 - Script Format Change

Based on the our evaluation on the necessary work to complete (at least)
what is in progress, we foreseen the beta release for OpenSIPS 3.0 for
*16th of April 2019*.

Best regards,

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019