[OpenSIPS-Users] locally generated replies

Pasan Meemaduma pasandev at ymail.com
Thu Mar 7 08:17:58 EST 2019

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the reply. writing inline replies

"Using t_on_reply() is harmless as it simply set a holder in the msg/transaction, nothing more. And a locally generated reply does NOT trigger on_reply_route - this route is triggered only by *RECEIVED* replies."

My problem was that server received 407 replies from its own source ip :/. I couldn't figure out what triggered it. Anyhow issue resolved after I removed fix_dialog_route() function which causes  BYE to send to a private ip of a NATed device. I have fix_nated_contact() before create_dialog() function but dialog data seems to have unmodified contact data which I believe is fixed in 2.4 as you mentioned.

 "So the bottom problem for you is why the processes stuck ? do they stuck like consuming cpu (doing some crazy looping) or blocking in some I/O (no CPU usage) ?"

All traffic processing workers were stuck in a loop and consume 100% CPU. I couldn't get much debug info like running opensipsctl trap when issue occured :/

Anyhow now I'm planning to upgrade thee system to 2.4 this year which has support till 2021.
my sip cluster is now  stable without fix_dialog_route() function.