[OpenSIPS-Users] jabber/xmpp?

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 00:37:49 EDT 2019

Hello guys,

I'm kind of confused as to what module exactly i need to user, let me
explain:

I have a service for DIDs and SMS from s.ms, i created a python script that
connects to the service using xmpp to their jabber server with a user and a
password, i.e.: xmpp_client.py MY-NUMBER at s.ms MY-PASSWORD

What i do with that script is basically connect and wait to receive SMS,
which i then insert in the proxy db (silo) and they get delivered by msilo.

I have several numbers and doing this for every number seems stupid, so i
started looking for a better solution, since the end user will be receive
the message via SIP MESSAGE on they sip client.

i came across openSIPS' jabber and xmpp modules, but i'm not sure which (if
any) to use, and even HOW to, or the actual architecture, since the
documentation keeps talking about a local xmpp server?

I would REALLY appreciate some help here.

Thanks!

Regards,

David Villasmil
email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com