[OpenSIPS-Users] problem in dialplan

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Jul 4 04:06:56 EDT 2019

The issue was cleared off-list.  After a successful startup, it would
take a whilebefore the dialplan rules would become available, since child
process #1,responsible for loading the dialplan rules was stuck in
a DNS lookupwhile loading the drouting rules.

This behavior was introduced in OpenSIPS 2.4.

As I see it, an added problem is that script writers must now additionally
write opensips.cfg code thathandles the "rules are not yet available"
case while processing SIP traffic.  And I do not recall any support for
distinguishing between "rules not available" and "rule not matched" in any
of the data matching modules.

The question is: is this "post-startup data unavailability" glitch
something worth paying attention to, or is it harmless? Example affected
modules:  drouting, dialplan

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com