[OpenSIPS-Users] Dynamic Routing dr_carrier state column understanding

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jan 4 11:08:55 EST 2019

Hi Jim,

That column is read by OpenSIPS only at startup. Basically it give
OpenSIPS the starting values for the GW states. If you change the value
in DB, it will have no effect on OpenSIPS until the next restart.

On the other side, OpenSIPS is able to update (write) that column if the
in-memory state of the GW does change (via MI or ping detection) - but
you need to be sure that 'persistent_state' is on (see
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/drouting.html#param_persistent_state).

   https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019