[OpenSIPS-Users] rest_get requests fail intermittently

Ping Han pinghan022 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 03:46:05 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am using rest_get function in the rest_client module to do https request
in the Opensips config. My opensips version is 2.4.1.

I found that intermittently Opensips fails to run the rest_get function. I
did a packet trace and saw that the request was not made to the remote
server.

Interestingly, I found:
1. this happens intermittently. Even within the same second, I can see
successful requests and also failed requests;
2. this seems to only happens for https requests, and I have never seen
this happens in http requests;
3. I can fix this by restarting the opensips instance. However, after a few
days, it starts happening again.

In the Opensip config, I have the following:
$var(url) = "https://example1234-dummy.com//api/v1/upload/callid/" + $ci;

$var(rc) = rest_get("$var(url)", "$var(bye_info)", "$var(ct)",
"$var(rcode)");

Has anyone also seen this?

Thanks,
Ping