[OpenSIPS-Users] Can 'sipmsg_validate()' recognize if in the REGISTER don't have Contact header ?

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu Aug 22 06:59:04 EDT 2019

Hi, Dimitar!

According to RFC 3261, the Contact header is not mandatory in a SIP
REGISTER. Check section 10.2[1]: Contact: REGISTER requests MAY contain
a Contact header field with zero or more values containing address
bindings. This kind of messages can be used to fetch all the contacts
registered, so this is a legitimate REGISTER.
Hoever, if you need to check if the register has a contact header,
you'll have to script that in your config.
If you have more questions, please use the users at lists.opensips.org [2]
list, instead of the owner one.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-10.2

Best regards,