[OpenSIPS-Users] Erroneous Retransmissions

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Thu Apr 4 15:07:47 EDT 2019

Hello,

We are seeing an issue which is causing our tests to fail intermittently. It appears that sometimes OpenSIPS will retransmit a relayed INVITE request, even though a 100 Trying response has already been received and processed. This only happens intermittently.

I have captured debug logs for the scenario: https://pastebin.com/bHcBJmtv. In the log, you can see the 100 Trying response is received on line 707 and it appears to be matched to the correct transaction on line 729. However then on line 774 you can see the retransmission of the INVITE anyway.

I have verified using tcpdump that the INVITE is being retransmitted; it is not just a log error. And our tests are failing due to the unexpected extra 100 Trying response to the retransmission.

Can anyone explain why this would occur?

Ben Newlin