[OpenSIPS-Users] Active/Passive with VIP and dynamic routing

vasilevalex alexei.vasilyev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 03:19:57 EDT 2018

Hello.

We have simple setup with clusterer, 2 servers sharing VIP with keepalived.
Both are active (I want to keep endpoints locations with full sharing
topology). There is mid_registrar on OpenSIPS and some Asterisks behind.

Phones use TLS, TCP and UDP. Asterisks use UDP. Routing to asterisks  is
performed by drouting module.

I need an advice.
When OpenSIPS server has no VIP (Passive), so I can disable nathelper ping
to phones (and deleting dead records) by "opensipsctl fifo nh_enable_ping
0", but drouting still wants to check gateways and of course uses first
available udp interface for this (this is VIP). So there are a lot of errors
in logs.

What is the best way to deal with it?
I can put first physical interface and then VIP, but then I have to analyze
incoming protocol everywhere, and force_send_socket for each request.

Is there any other solution?

I think it would be nice to have parameter in drouting module to configure
IP-address or socket used for pinging. If it is NULL - use default behavior.
Or just to have the same MI command to disable checking gateways.

Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-Users-f1449235.html