[OpenSIPS-Users] Where to call t_check_trans

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Sep 13 04:13:57 EDT 2018

Hi Cinthia!

The default opensips.cfg file [1] also provides all commonly used cases
for t_check_trans() [2]:

* to detect and handle SIP request retransmissions
* to match hop-by-hop ACKs (i.e. ACKs to negative SIP replies, codes
3xx-6xx).  These ACKs are not routed per se -- rather OpenSIPS processes
them but generates its own version of the ACK when replying upstream, so
the script handling is different.
* to test if a CANCEL actually matches an INVITE.  If it doesn't, you'd
probably want to drop it.

To conclude: it's fine to call t_check_trans() right at the top of the
script.  Make sure you save the return code for later use inside the
has_totag() block (mid-dialog requests).

Best regards,

[1]: https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/blob/master/etc/opensips.cfg
[2]: https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/3.0.x/tm.html#func_t_check_trans

Liviu Chircu