[OpenSIPS-Users] sip_i ANSI

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Oct 16 05:50:35 EDT 2018

Hi James,

OK, I see your point here. I do not claim to fully understand the
differences between ITU and ANSI ISUP (and yes, all the ops we have over
ISUP are ITU oriented), but what you need (to support ANSI also) is to
be able to work with custom ISUP parameters as name and value.
Currently you can push custom raw values into an ISUP param - see
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/sip_i.html#pv_isup_param:
$isup_param(Nature of connection indicators) = "0x01"; # raw string of bytes
or
     $(isup_param(Forward Call Indicators)[0]) = 96; # per byte access

What is missing is to reference an ISUP param directly by its type,
instead of using its name - using name is friendly, but not extensible.
So maybe something like
$isup_param(31) = "0x01f5a67"; # raw string of bytes assigned to custom
param type 31

But of course this works for the optional parameter, the issue of ANSI
specific mandatory parameters is still open :(....

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
   http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/