[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrading from 1.11.11 to latest stable 2.4

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Tue Oct 16 04:36:05 EDT 2018

The "4 consecutive migrations" idea would work as follows:

cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips.gitopensips
cd opensips
git checkout 2.1
scripts/opensipsdbctl migrate opensips opensips_2_1
git checkout 2.2
scripts/opensipsdbctl migrate opensips_2_1 opensips_2_2
git checkout 2.3
scripts/opensipsdbctl migrate opensips_2_2 opensips_2_3
git checkout 2.4
scripts/opensipsdbctl migrate opensips_2_3 opensips_2_4

This should port all your data -- a method which I recommend.  If you
need to edit the DB access credentials, edit the scripts/opensipsctlrc file.

Doing the migration manually is also a decent option, as I assume you
don't have that many tables which require provisioning (3 - 6 tables?).
You could view all current data in your 1.11 DB with something like:

SELECT TABLE_NAME, ENGINE, TABLE_ROWS, DATA_LENGTH, MAX_DATA_LENGTH FROM
information_schema.tables WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA="opensips_1_11" ORDER BY
TABLE_ROWS DESC;

... and go from there, building statements which resemble "INSERT INTO
new_db(x,y,z,...) SELECT a,b,c,... FROM old_db"  in order to migrate
each old table which had data in it.

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer