[OpenSIPS-Users] how to increase number of branches in opensips code .

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon May 21 07:05:52 EDT 2018

Hi, Sasmita!

By default OpenSIPS can fork up to 12 branches - are you using more than
12 registered SIP clients for the same username? If you are not using
more than 12 registrations for the same user, than you might have an
issue in your config/setup.
If this is the expected scenario and you really want to increase the
number of branches, you'll have to change the MAX_BRANCHES define in
config.h[1] and re-compile opensips with this new value.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/blob/master/config.h#L159

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 05/21/2018 01:09 PM, Sasmita Panda wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> I am facing the bellow issue while running  load on opensips .
>
> using a 8 core 32GB linux machine and opensips-1.6 is running on this .
>
> In 500 concurrent calls and 450 agents  I am facing problem .
>
>   ERROR:core:append_branch: max nr of branches exceeded
>   ERROR:registrar:lookup: failed to append a branch
>

> These error message is getting printed continuously.
>

> Please help me how to fix this . How I will increase the number of
> branches and how does it work ?
>

> */Thanks & Regards/*
> /Sasmita Panda/
> /Network Testing and Software Engineer/