[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 2.4.0

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu May 17 05:18:01 EDT 2018

Hi, Denis!

You have my answers inline.

Best regards,

On 05/16/2018 12:33 PM, Denis via Users wrote:
> Hello!
> First of all i want to thank everybody who made a possible to this
> release out. You created a great job, thank you!
> I read with big pleasure about 2.4.0. release and, of course, during
> reading, my mind tries to lay the new information about 2.4.0 on my
> current network topology and services.
> So, after i have read about 2.4.0 some questions need to be answered
> yet. I will very pleased to you if you can answer them or tell me where
> can i read about them.
> Here are my questions:
> 1) Cluster MUST have L2 channel between nodes for properly working. Am i
> right?
Not really, it depends on the scenario you want to achieve. For example,
in a federated platform, you don't need to have L2 channel, because each
server will use it's own IP. However, if you want to have IP HA, you'll
need to use heartbeat or keepalived to share the IP between instances,
and that might require L2. But again, the clusterer module does not have
any extra requirements, but plain IP connectivity between the nodes in
the cluster.

> 2) Accounting, using MySQL. How can i reach reliability, i.e. no calls
> must loose in the cluster, from the accounting point of view?
This can be achieived using a HA setup + dialog replication whithin the
HA cluster.

> 3) I am using rtpproxy in my network topology. How rtpproxy will work
> with "cluster"? Because rtpproxy should have, for example, timeout socket.
This will again need to be implemented using a VIP or something, so that
rtpproxy can send the timeout command to the node in charge of the dialog.

> 4) Some features of Opensips use internal memory storage.
> Fraud_detection, for example. What about such services?
There are a lot of modules that have not yet been ported to a clusterer
setup, some due to lack of time, or perhaps because we did not see a
useful scenarios for them. If you do have examples of scenarios where
that would be useful (I agree fraud_detection might be one of them),
please open feature requests on our tracker, so we (or anyone from the
community) can take them into account for development.