[OpenSIPS-Users] exec timeout warnings

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Mon Mar 19 02:11:53 EDT 2018

Hi John,

Thanks for the report! It seems the "time_to_kill" feature is somewhat
broken, in that it's not invalidating the scheduled expirations at all
in case the job actually completes within time. So, when the job
"expires", the code will actually fire off a SIGTERM to the former pid,
which could have been (in theory) allocated to a completely new process!

However, thanks to monotonically increasing pids and the fact they grow
rather slowly in the majority of cases, the kill itself, as well as the
warning should be harmless. I'll take care of fixing it asap, though -
that behavior is not desirable!

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer