[OpenSIPS-Users] Choosing the latest version

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 09:20:32 EST 2018

Thanks Liviu,

What you say makes sense. It looks like I should wait for v2.4 to reach a
more stable state. I hope my customer can wait.
Is the Clusterer module completely changed in v2.4 or just tweaked and
improved? I'm wondering if I can do some preliminary work now using v2.3

I've been using older versions (in fact v1.11) to build simple edge/core
test rig, then adding a Path header at the edge before relaying the REGISTER
request to the core Registrar.
It is challenging to know what Record-Route header to add when a call is
made to the registered device, especially if it is behind NAT. Replicating
the path field internally seems a good option for backup nodes, but have you
also solved the problem of NAT pings only coming from the home core server
and not from them all? If so, which version did that get into?

Please could you email me when v2.4 gets the big update and feature freeze.
Thanks.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited
Email: john.quick at smartvox.co.uk