[OpenSIPS-Users] 2.4 and AnyCast Setup

Vlad Patrascu vladp at opensips.org
Thu Jun 21 12:13:39 EDT 2018

Hi Jonathan,

OpenSIPS doesn't do that automatically because the setting should depend
on what roles the nodes have when you first boot up your cluster. As
such, on the node that first holds the VIP, and will generally be your
primary node, OpenSIPS should start with the sharing tag as active in
order to correctly process the traffic as soon as possible. And on the
backup node, the opposite. From then on, when a switchover happens at
runtime, the tag state will be changed by running the MI command
"dlg_set_sharing_tag_active" when the VRRPD state transitions (this is
where you will need some extra logic).

Regards,

Vlad Patrascu
OpenSIPS Developer