[OpenSIPS-Users] AG Project - Media Proxy

Alex Tatham alex.tatham at dmcplc.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 07:56:01 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

We have been using AG Projects Media Proxy for several years.  Recently we've been experiencing intermittent problems with calls not being initiated and we've traced this to the media proxy component.

The frequency of the issue is around 1 in 2000 calls.

The following error is logged by the SIP proxy "ERROR: mediaproxy [mediaproxy.c:1528]: send_command(): did timeout waiting for an answer".

The following error corresponds in the dispatcher component of the Media Proxy software "Connection to OpenSIPS lost: Connection was closed cleanly.".

The problem is temporary and subsequent calls are successful without any intervention.

I can't find any information on the WWW about either of these messages.

The mediaproxy components are running the latest debian packages as is the corresponding module.  I do have some older servers running a much older version of mediaproxy that don't have this fault but I've got to update because of a bug with the relay component on that build.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks, Alex

Alex Tatham
Technical Director
​
T:01233 220 943
E:alex.tatham at dmcplc.co.uk
W:www.dmctechnologies.co.uk

DMC Technologies formerly HP Technology
Unit 5, Invicta Business Centre

Orbital Park

Ashford

Kent |
TN24 0HB
DMC Technologies is a trading name of Hobbs Parker 2000 Limited
Registered Office: Romney House, Orbital Park, Monument Way, Ashford TN24 0HB
Registered in England No.04027755