[OpenSIPS-Users] siprec with rtpproxy

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 23 07:48:02 EST 2018

Hi, Martin!

You are right, the c= element is missing in the SDP. And according to
the RFC[1], the body should have at least one c= element. Regarding the
o= line, the IP over there is not that important, and it can be
anything, provided that the entire o= line is unique.

Now the main problem came from the fact that RTPProxy does not advertise
the IP it will be sending RTP from, so we don't really know what to have
in the c= line. The only way I am thinking we can solve this is to
provide the RTP IP as a parameter to the siprec_start_recording()
command[2]. In case this is missing, we add something dummy, such as the
first interface of OpenSIPS or something.

Note that the same issue is with the port advertised in SDP: since
rtpproxy does not indicate which port it will be using for streaming the
media, those ports are completely dummy.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4566#section-5.7
[2]
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/siprec.html#siprec_start_recording

PS: in the future, please attach file contents on an external storage.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Developer
www.opensips-solutions.com