[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS 407 authentication

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Fri Dec 14 05:59:58 EST 2018

Hello, Aatif!

The fact that an user is registered, doesn't necessarily mean he should
be allowed to make a call. REGISTER messages and INVITE messages are
challenged differently, so if your gateway challenges the INVITE, you
should send the (same) credentials as for REGISTER.
In order to do that, you should use the uac_auth[1] module, that is able
to build the Credentials that your Gateway needs to present.

If for some reason your gateway does allow you to make calls without
auth after you register, than you should discuss with them the reason
why you can't do that right now. But again, that's not something common,
almost all platforms I've seen authenticate REGISTER and INVITEs
separately, with only a few exceptions.

[1] https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/uac_auth.html

Best regards,
Răzvan