[OpenSIPS-Users] Issue with BYE packet after user re-register with new socket

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Sep 26 12:24:33 EDT 2017

Hi, Milan!

The only SIP method that can refresh a SIP dialog is a re-INIVTE
(according to RFC 3621 [1]) or an UPDATE (according to RFC 3311 [2]). A
REGISTER message cannot change the Contact of an ongoing dialog.
Therefore, your application has to send a re-INVITE after it connects to
a new network.
However, there is a small limitation in the dialog module that doesn't
allow you to update the remote-address (Contact), not even for
re-INVITEs or UPDATEs. But there are some guys that are working to fix
it, luckily the fix will be out soon.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3621
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3311

Best regards,