[OpenSIPS-Users] Fraud Detection Module - counters

Adrian Fretwell adrian.fretwell at topgreen.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 04:35:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

Can anyone help clarify a couple of of points that I have not been able
to with the module documentation?

I understand that all of the counters should reset at the start of a new
time period with the exception of sequential calls.

I discovered that the sequential calls counter only gets reset if a call
is made that actually matches another rule in the fraud detection
table.  So for example I have a rule with a 00 prefix (international
dialling from here in the UK) but I have no rule for prefixes for
ordinary geographic numbers, 01, 02 etc.  So if we alternate calls
between international (00) and domestic (01) the international
sequential calls counter just keeps increasing until the critical limit
is reached.

So to rectify this, I added some rules for the domestic (01 or 02)
calls.  This now causes the international sequential calls counter to
reset OK but I now have a new problem.  My concurrent calls counter is
increasing but not getting reset at the change of a time period.  To add
to this issue I have discovered that if I make a call to a non-existent
number and the gateway returns 404 not found,  the concurrent calls
counter increments but does not decrement at the end of the call.  The
same is true if I call a valid number but cancel the call before the
callee answers.

Am I missing something here?  Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Adrian Fretwell