[OpenSIPS-Users] NOTIFY results in SIP/2.0 400 Missing or invalid message-summary

Ben Newlin Ben.Newlin at genesys.com
Fri Sep 15 09:54:42 EDT 2017

Message-summary is for voicemail, not presence. And I’ve seen many phones that don’t have a setting to disable that subscription.

SUBSCRIBE is not required for basic call functionality. If you don’t support it, just remove it.

I think that the client is actually correct in that even the first NOTIFY should contain a body. If there is no state to report, the body should be the appropriate indication of that for whatever event is being notified. But there must be something.

Ben Newlin