[OpenSIPS-Users] event subscribe forever?

Richard Phernambucq r.phernambucq at cuperus.nl
Wed Sep 13 02:01:22 EDT 2017

Hi Robert,

Yes, you have to refresh your subscription periodically.

RFC 6665 3.1.1:

SUBSCRIBE requests SHOULD contain an "Expires" header field (defined
in [RFC3261 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261>]).  This expires value indicates the duration of the
subscription.  In order to keep subscriptions effective beyond the
duration communicated in the "Expires" header field, subscribers need
to refresh subscriptions on a periodic basis using a new SUBSCRIBE
request on the same dialog as defined in [RFC3261 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261>].

Greetz,
Richard