[OpenSIPS-Users] Debug Assistance (All the gateways are disabled)

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 04:23:41 EST 2017

Hi Bogdan/Brian,

It was a false alarm I am afraid and the fault was external to OpenSIPs
however the error message did throw me off the scent of the fault for a
while!

The configuration file used on the affected instance of OpenSIPs relies on
an external web service to handle some routing scenarios. This component
was running slow on the day in question which caused occupation of all
OpenSIPs threads and a backlog of messages was created. We plan on
designing the reliance on this service out of the system in our next
release.

Apologies for the delayed response - I missed your initial reply.

Best Regards,

Callum

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:42 PM Brian : <brians at iptel.co> wrote:

> [...]
>> 2017-11-27 08:00:21  CRITICAL:core:mk_proxy: could not resolve hostname:
>> "internal.address"
>> 2017-11-27 08:00:21  ERROR:tm:uri2proxy: bad host name in URI
>> <sip:442083400000 at internal.address  >
>> 2017-11-27 08:01:17  CRITICAL:core:mk_proxy: could not resolve hostname:
>> "internal.address"
>> 2017-11-27 08:01:17  ERROR:tm:uri2proxy: bad host name in URI
>> <sip:441216100000 at internal.address  >
>> 2017-11-27 08:01:17  ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: failure to add branches
>>
>> Where the logs state internal.address these are normal and correct
>> domains which have been redacted.
>>
>> Is anyone able to offer any advice on how to interpret those messages? In
>> particular the initial messages "All the gateways are disabled" seem
>> like a good lead however I am unclear how to interpret these.
>>
>> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Callum
>> --
>> Callum Guy
>> Head of Information Security
>> X-on
>>

>> *0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
>> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
>>   <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *
>> X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
>> registered in England and Wales.
>> Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
>> Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
>> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
>> addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
>> X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 <+44%20333%20332%200000> and
>> delete the
>> message from your computer. If you are not a named addressee you must not
>> use, disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email. Views
>> or opinions expressed by an individual
>> within this email may not necessarily reflect the views of X-on or its
>> associated companies. Although X-on routinely screens for viruses,
>> addressees should scan this email and any attachments
>> for viruses. X-on makes no representation or warranty as to the absence
>> of viruses in this email or any attachments.

Callum Guy
Head of Information Security
X-on

--

*0333 332 0000  |  www.x-on.co.uk <http://www.x-on.co.uk>  |   **
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/x-on>   <https://www.facebook.com/XonTel>
  <https://twitter.com/xonuk> *
X-on is a trading name of Storacall Technology Ltd a limited company
registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office : Avaland House, 110 London Road, Apsley, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP3 9SD. Company Registration No. 2578478.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
X-on immediately on +44(0)333 332 0000 and delete the