[OpenSIPS-Users] AES + Opensip

Daniel Lakeland dlakelan at street-artists.org
Tue Nov 7 12:01:46 EST 2017

On 11/07/2017 08:37 AM, Trupyy . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the answer, sry im not that strong in encryption. I know
> opensip uses tls and it makes sense to me that tls + something else on
> top of it would not work, i was interested if it is possible to make
> opensips work with aes, im guessing not?
>
> Thanks!
TLS is a method for setting up an encrypted connection, AES is a kind of
encryption algorithm (a cipher). So TLS can set up encrypted sessions
with many different algorithms/ciphers, what you probably need is to
configure your TLS settings such that the ciphers that are allowed
include the AES cipher that the phone wants to use.

At least this should point you in the direction of what to look at. I
can't help much more than that because I don't know a thing about
polycom phones nor do I know where to configure the allowed ciphers,
would take a bunch of googling to figure those out, but at least now you
maybe know what to google ;-)