[OpenSIPS-Users] Differences between dialog replication and db_mode 1

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Nov 2 13:03:09 EDT 2017

Hi Matine,

When using db_mode 1 (which makes the active opensips to write the
dialogs into DB in realtime), how to you load the dialogs from DB into
memory on the backup opensips ? do you restart it when becoming active ?
because under normal operations OpenSIPS does not read the DB dialogs.

The clustered based replication for dialogs has several advantages:
     * you do not need the a DB at all for replication
     * if you use DB for restart persistence, you can use the much
lighter db_mode 2 to avoid realtime and intensive DB ops
     * you can create active-active scenarios
     * it is a real-time replication