[OpenSIPS-Users] How can I prevent Opensips to cache DNS queries.

Stefan Carlsson stefan.carlsson at vaxeltjanst.se
Thu May 11 04:50:21 EDT 2017

Hi !

Thanks for your reply.

I did the following.

1)      I've checked my nsswitch.conf file and it says 'files  dns' as in default , so no change there.

2)      I "disabled the resolver" but simply commented out the dns servers in resolv.conf, checked the resolver by a simple ping to www.google.com<http://www.google.com>, got the response: 'unknown host' as it should.

3)      Then I've put our SIP operators ip-name pairs in the hosts file, EXCEPT the one that causes us problem , checked with ping , got hits on all of them, and the one that where the problem responded with 'unknown host',

so the system looks up the hosts file correctly.

4)      But STILL Opensips uses the faulty one , the IP is not in the hosts file, no dns servers is in the resolv.conf.

5)      Restarts the Opensips, now it works as expected.

Can anyone out there give me an explanation that causes this behavior ?

Again, thank you for your attend at this matter.

Kind Regards / Vänligen ...

Stefan Carlsson