[OpenSIPS-Users] port number in record-route

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 18:27:30 EDT 2017

what is the use of port number in record-route?

I am having major issue with that look like we are running sip server
on different port to protect ourself from sip scanner we are using
non-standard port like 6060/7070 multiple port on single server so it
will failover to other port if firewall block them.

I am seeing record-route adding first port in listen: directive for example

listen=udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:7070 udp:x.x.x.x:5062

In this case my record-route always using 7070 in header default
recordless request coming on 5062.

I found one more issue here someone posted while ago

https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/sip-implementors/2001-March/000601.html