[OpenSIPS-Users] Load Balancer - Checking Node Health

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Wed Jan 11 03:31:17 EST 2017

Hi, Chandan!

Is there any way you could monitor the endpoints? If so, you can use the
load balancer pinging, that will automatically disable the end point
when it is not responding, and monitor the state over MI.

If there is no way you monitor the endoints, you could:
1. Check the tm transactions ended with 4xx status. If you see a spike,
send an alert. The comand to do that is:
opensipsctl fifo get_statistics 4xx_transactions

2. Create your own statistics in the script based on the endpoint. In
the script, do something like this:
if (t_check_status("486"))
     update_stat("$stat(tran_486_$si)", "+1");

Again, monitor these statistics over MI and if you see spikes, send alerts.

These are the solutions I am thinking of. Hope they are helpful.

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com