[OpenSIPS-Users] Rtpproxy bug

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Fri Feb 3 18:59:03 EST 2017

I am reporting here because I don't know how to leave a bug report with Sippy
Software.

When I installed opensips and configured it use use rtpproxy and the unix
socket, opensips would not start. It turned out to be an issue with
permissions. It was simple to change to the loopback instead but I was curious
and wanted to get to the root of the problem.

I experimented with the -w command line option of rtpproxy. Combined with the
-u option this is supposed to allow one to set the permissions for the socket.
The default mode for the socket is 755 and I tried setting it to 775. Setting
-w 775 resulted in something very different and further changes did not yield
predictable results.

I looked into the code and it uses the atoi function to convert the mode
string into an integer rather than an octal number. Working backwards from 775
I get 0x1FD and 509 decimal. If I set the mode to 509 I get the desired
result.

Version info
Basic version: 20040107
Extension 20050322: Support for multiple RTP streams and MOH
Extension 20060704: Support for extra parameter in the V command
Extension 20071116: Support for RTP re-packetization
Extension 20071218: Support for forking (copying) RTP stream
Extension 20080403: Support for RTP statistics querying
Extension 20081102: Support for setting codecs in the update/lookup command
Extension 20081224: Support for session timeout notifications
Extension 20090810: Support for automatic bridging
Extension 20140323: Support for tracking/reporting load
Extension 20140617: Support for anchoring session connect time
Extension 20141004: Support for extendable performance counters