[OpenSIPS-Users] codec_delete_except_re() has no effect

Jeff Pyle jeff at ugnd.org
Tue Apr 18 14:44:32 EDT 2017

Dragomir,

If Zoiper speaks only G.729, and SIP.js speaks only G.711, rtpengine isn't
going to help.  It doesn't transcode.  From its github page
<https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine>:

*Rtpengine* does not (yet) support:

   - Repacketization or transcoding

Is iLBC an option for you in SIP.js and Zoiper?  It's license free and
sounds a little bitter.  If not, Asterisk or FreeSWITCH could perform this
task with the appropriate G.729 licenses.

Răzvan,

Is there any effect of using either the codec manipulation or rtpengine in
a branch route?  I ask this admittedly not understanding the buffers in use.

- Jeff