[OpenSIPS-Users] Public IP dispatcher and private ip presence servers

surya chauhan.suryaveer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:31:33 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am experimenting with the scenario where we have a dispatcher to load
balance between the presence servers. Only dispatcher has the public IP
available. Clients will be having public IP too.

Currently, what happens is SUBSCRIBE - OK flows pass thru the dispatcher
while the NOTIFY goes to the client directly but the 200 OK from the client
goes nowhere as it sends on the private IP of the presence server.

I am not sure what to do. Two things come to my mind: 1.) Advertised address
2.) Record-route.

If  my understanding is correct using record-route, all subs-notify-200 will
go thru dispatcher and dispatcher will route the response 200 to correct
server and by using advertised address, the via in NOTIFY will change to the
given address (I believe that should be of dispatcher) but then how
dispatcher will route the 200 response to correct server.

Please help me understand and suggest what is the correct way of doing this.

Thanks,
Surya