[OpenSIPS-Users] How can the global variable "listen" to listen WLAN ?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Mon Mar 28 16:41:19 CEST 2016

Hi Alex and Bogdan-Andrei.

The customer of my project will use wireless network or cable. It depends on the user preference and his home devices capabilities. That is, sometimes my hardware with OpenSIPS will be connected to a switch by means of wlan and sometimes by means of eth cable.
I can't do a forecast about it.
So, my OpenSIPS.cfg file must be prepared for both situations. How to do it?

For example, if I just write :

listen=tcp:eth0:5060   # CUSTOMIZE ME
listen=tcp:wlan0:5060   # CUSTOMIZE ME

This 2 simultaneous configurations will cause problems, because I generally only one interface will be used. A kind of error is: "ERROR:core:fix_socket_list: could not resolve wlan0"

Any idea for this case will be very helpful!

Thanks a lot.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software