[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips doesn't react to 200 on BYE

Daniel Moreira Yokoyama moreira.yokoyama at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:35:50 CET 2016

Hi.

During stress tests (using SIPP as UAC and UAS) Opensips receives a BYE
request from UAC and relays it to UAS.

The problem is, when the UAS responds 200 to it, Opensips seems to be
ignore it (may it be because of it misses it among the thousands of other
messages being exchanged, may it be for any other reason I can't figure
out).

The RFC says that on BYE, in case of a 4xx or a timeout, the dialog should
be considered terminated... but what opensips does in this scenario is to
retry the BYE a couple of times (and SIPP seems to ignore it, once it
consider the dialog finished, i guess) and finally opensips sends a 408 to
the UAC.

The way I see it, unless I'm missing something, I should be able to react
to a BYE by immediately send a 200 to the UAC despite of what happens
between opensips and UAS (accodingly to what I learn from the RFC). And,
concerning to the UAS, Opensips also should send the BYE and consider the
dialog finished regardless of receiving the 200 or not (it should not try
to send the BYE again).

If I'm right, how should I set opensips to behave this way?

If I'm wrong, what should be the way to handle this scenario?

Atenciosamente,

Daniel Moreira Yokoyama.
@dmyoko
http://twitter.com/dmyoko

TrafficTalks
Um podcast sobre cinema feito a partir de conversas de trânsito.
http://traffictalks.com.br