[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips -1.11 crash with mongodb replica set .

Sasmita Panda spanda at 3clogic.com
Mon Jun 6 10:23:43 CEST 2016

Hi All ,

       I am using opesips-1.11 with mongodb replica set . I have 3 members
in the replica set , promary , secondary and arbitrary .

      Problem 1 :  Sometime , If primay is not rechable , the secondary
becomes primary , But opensips loss connection from mongodb . Its wont put
any data in the data base . My call goes on but their is not data in the
mongodb database .

        Problme 2: If the primay machine is down then secondary becomes
primary within some millisecond time  , but  opensips crashes giving bellow
error

      ERROR:cachedb_mongodb:mongo_con_get: Failed to run query. Err = 6, 0
, 0
 CRITICAL:core:receive_fd: EOF on 10
 INFO:core:handle_sigs: child process 5278 exited by a signal 11
 INFO:core:handle_sigs: core was generated
 INFO:core:handle_sigs: terminating due to SIGCHLD
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
 INFO:core:cleanup: cleanup
 NOTICE:db_cachedb:destroy: destroy module db_cachedb ...
 NOTICE:cachedb_mongodb:destroy: destroy module cachedb_mongodb ...

     If my secondary mongodb machine is not reachable then rather
connection with db breaks for sometime but opensips wont crashes . But in
case of Primary opensips crashes with above error . Is this an expected
behavior or I am doing anything wrong .

      Data loss can be bearable but application cant be . So please let me
know whats the problem .

*Thanks & Regards*
*Sasmita Panda*
*Network Testing and Software Engineer*