[OpenSIPS-Users] 1.x LTS upgrade path

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 18:27:11 CET 2016

Greetings all;

We have several hundred 1.8.8 OpenSIPS proxies across our corporate
networks which are running Debian Wheezy. I apparently haven't built a
new one in a while as sometime between then and now the 1.8 LTS has
become deprecated (although I can't find any eMails or notices on the
website actually announcing  it... I knew it would be coming
eventually).

I was planning on moving up to 1.11 but I've struck an issue - 1.11's
Debian Wheezy packages were built with Wheezy/testing and all require
libc6 >= 2.14. Wheezy/stable's libc6 version is 2.13-38. I really,
really don't want to have to move 200+ VMs to Wheezy/testing, let
alone the "running 'testing' in a corporate environment" question.

So I guess I've got two questions:
For now, are the 1.8.8 Debian packages hiding somewhere that I can
pull and store on a local repo so I can use them until I can get the
upgrade path figured out? (Possibly a Jessie upgrade, but that doesn't
excite me any better)

And is there any chance that 1.11 will be rebuilt on the _correct_
Wheezy release? Or is there actually a real dependancy that requires
libc6 2.14+ baked into 1.11 somehow?

Any (reasonable) suggestions are welcome, and as always, thank you very much.

 - Jock