[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips transparent technology

Dave Lechasseur Dave.Lechasseur at sbktelecom.com
Mon Jan 25 06:57:36 CET 2016

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do but I understand that you want to control the callerid.

By default OpenSIPS will use the caller id advertised by the peer, if by exemple the peer is a phone, the default caller id for most of them is the display name as the Caller ID name and the account name for the caller id number. If it’s a PBX, then the PBX control it (ex : callerid function in asterisk’s sip module).
It’s up to the customer to send the right caller id.

In the reality, you might want to control what the customer is sending as callerid, then you would need to rewrite the callerid in opensips (see : http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/auth.html#id293389) or your SIP Provider may rewrite the callerid for you forcing you to use a number that belong to your account. We see that often when you don’t use a wholesale provider.

I hope that help you !

Dave L.