[OpenSIPS-Users] How to take control of Record-Routes header fields? Need remove one of two.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Thu Jan 14 22:16:27 CET 2016

Dear OpenSIPS-Users;

Suddenly my opensips started to add 2 Record-Routes header fields to messages it is handling. Ex: when forward a simple SIP-INVITE.

One header field has a private IP and another has a public IP.

I would like to take control of Record-Routes and then avoid opensips adding that one with private IP.

Is it possible?

If yes, when a SIP-OK arrives in a callee, the callee will send SIP-ACK to the public IP and then the OpenSIPS will receive it. If I let the header field with private IP there, it causes problem when opensips is behind a NAT, with callee, but the caller is outside the local network.

Can I proceed removing one Record-Route or it is a bad idea?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center