[OpenSIPS-Users] Is fix_nated_contact() useful when proxy and callee is behind NAT?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Fri Jan 8 12:20:49 CET 2016

Hi Bogdan.

Thank you very much for the hint! I got more another explanations here too and I was able to conclude the following:

To be sure the traffic sent out by opensips has the public IP and not the local private one, I will set a stun server in the softphone behind the NAT. In this case, such softphone will send SIP messages (that has Contact header field) already considering the public IP. I guess this solution will be enough for my case.

I can't set advertise_address and advertise_port, because my project will have lots of copies, to be installed in lots of homes. In every home, there will be a different public IP (and another private too).

Today I will configure a NAT device, put it in my network, bind the proxy and sofphone to behind it and execute some tests.

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software