[OpenSIPS-Users] Duplication of media IP address in SDP of 200OK While using RTPPROXY

Husnain Taseer husnain.taseer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:58:13 CET 2016

Dear Users,

I am working on a scenario where I am using RTPProxy in bridging mode. The
flow of my scenario is as follows:

*Caller ---Pub-IP--->  Opensips + RTPP ---LAN---> IVR Server*

Client sends INVITE on public interface of Opensips, then Opensips relays
that INVITE to IVR Server (asterisk) on Private Interface with
*rtpproxy_offer("OCNFWEI")* in branch route. Then IVR server sends 183 and
start playing audio announcement without answering.

*IVR Server --183---> Opensips + RTPP ----183---> Client*

in on_reply_route when opensips receives 183 it calls
*rtpproxy_answer("OCNFWIE")
*and media flow starts toward the client and client can listen the
announcement properly.

*IVR Server --RTP---> RTPProxy ----RTP---> Client*

 After the audio, IVR server send 486 Busy to opensips. and then on
Opensips I am calling *rtpproxy_unforce()* in failure_route. and then
sending INVITE to callee. And for this INVITE I am again calling
*rtpproxy_offer("OCNFWEE")* in branch route.

*IVR Server ----486 Busy----> Opensips + RTPP ---INVITE--->  Callee*

Up-till here everything is perfect in the trace the problem occurs when I
receive 200-OK from callee. On 200OK in reply route I am calling
*rtpproxy_answer("OCNFWEE")* and this function call is adding  duplicate
media IPs in SDP of 200OK which opensips is sending to the callee. The IP
is like this *70.12.15.XX70.12.15.XX* in c= field of SDP.

In short my flow is like this:

On Invite -> offer with EI
On 183 -> answer with IE
On 486 -> unforce

On invite to Callee -> offer with EE
On 200Ok from Callee -> answer with EE
On Bye -> unforce

Please let me know that am I doing some thing wrong or is there any bug in
RTPProxy module of opensips. I am running rtpproxy like this :

rtpproxy -s udp:127.0.0.1:12221 -l 10.168.1.120/70.12.15.XX -p
/var/run/rtpproxy.pid -u root root -F -d DBUG LOG_LOCAL2 -P -a -r
/var/spool/recordings/

Regards,
*Husnain Taseer*
*VoIP Developer*