[OpenSIPS-Users] SCTP Symetric Multi Home

Moreira Yokoyama, Daniel Daniel.Yokoyama at nuance.com
Thu Feb 4 17:32:01 CET 2016

Hi.

I'm trying to set Opensips to work on SCTP Symetric Multi Home.

To do this, I've set two endpoints:

listen=sctp:10.0.0.1:5070<http://10.0.0.1:5070/>
listen=sctp:10.0.0.2:5070<http://10.0.0.2:5070/>

and set mhomed

mhomed=1

Using SIPp to make some tests, I could see the association being successfully stablished, and as I turn down one of the client's network adapter it manages to successfully use other path with the another adapter. Problem is when I turn off one of the opensips adapter (10.0.0.1, for instance).

When I run the tcpdump I can notice that the heartbeat doesn't aknowledge the 10.0.0.2 to the association. But when searching on the internet I find a post on the list asking about multi home, whether it is supported or not, and the answer is that it does support, althought there is some lack of guidance to figure out how to set it up.

Looking through the source code, it seems that for each listen setting, it creates a separate socket association... what I need is to set a single socket and add both addresses to the same association (setting a multi home association).

The question is:

Does opensips really support this feature?
In case it does, what am I doing wrong to set it up?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Atenciosamente,

Daniel Moreira Yokoyama.

PS: Moderator, I apologize for the duplicated message. But the first one was sent by another address than this one and I assume it was blocked. Thank you.