[OpenSIPS-Users] Asynchronous operation for REST queries

Ramachandran, Agalya (Contractor) Agalya_Ramachandran at comcast.com
Tue Aug 16 16:23:23 CEST 2016

Hi Bogdan/Liviu,

I have downloaded 2.1.4 version if opensips and trying to use rest_put call in async mode.

I have added the necessary code for rest_put () similar to rest_post() in rest_methods.c, rest_methods.h and rest_client.c
If I just call, rest_put from config file, without async it works fine. I could see rest_put() is called and do the necessary steps.

And am trying to call async from config file as,
 async(rest_put("http://***url*** <http://***url***%20> ", "$fU,$tU,$ci ", "application/json", "$var(body)", "$var(ct)", "$var(rcode)"),resume_put);

Further debugging I got some info that I can share with you so that you can help me out easily.
Instead of calling rest_put asynchronously I have tried to call rest_post async . I could able to see that HTTP request went out(from wireshark traces) and I got 4xx response for the same.

With my code changes in place and when I call rest_put, am not seeing HTTP request sent out.
Assuming rest_put only is not working, there should be some libcurl stuffs not handled properly in 'start_async_http_req' for 'REST_CLIENT_PUT' case.

Am attaching the files. It contains code for rest_put only. I have removed other code to reduce the file size. Can you please take a look guide me here.
Please let me know if you need more information on this.

Regards,
Agalya